We are pleased to announce the 5th H SAF User Workshop supported by EUMeTrain. It will be held in online mode from 24 - 28 January 2022. The Hydrology SAF is the satellite application facility of the EUMETSAT distributed ground segment that has the aim to provide satellite derived products related to precipitation, soil moisture and snow over land in support to hydrology and water management. In addition to satellite derived products provision H SAF provides both continuous quality assessment of products and evaluation of their hydrological impact for the benefit of the end user communities.
The workshop objectives will be:
- Review of the H SAF products status and their evolution in view of the opportunities and challenges of the future European satellite missions;
- Drought monitoring and water resources management;
- H SAF products quality assessment and applications;
- Integrated approach between H SAF products and risk management;
- H SAF products use cases over African region.